Notice: I've taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to add content here as often as possible.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Answers to Quiz Yourself

These are the answers to yesterday’s Bible matching game Hope you had fun!

1. Enoch was the father of Methuselah. Methuselah lived to be 969 years old, the oldest man recorded in the Bible. Genesis 5:27

2. Lois was the mother of Eunice. They were “women of sincere faith, and Eunice was Timothy’s mother. 2 Timothy 1:5

3. Jael was the wife of Heber. Jael was one of the heros of the time of the Judges. Do you remember why? Judges 4:21

4. James and John were brothers, and disciples of Jesus. Matthew 4:21

5. Jemimah was the oldest daughter of Job, born to him after his trials. She was a woman of great beauty. Job 42:14,15

6. Reuben and Simeon were brothers. They were sons of Jacob and Leah, and became the heads of two of the tribes of Israel. Genesis 35:23

7. Elizabeth and Mary, the mother of Jesus, were cousins. Luke 1:36 (NIV only says relatives)

8. Shadrach and Abednego were two of the three friends of Daniel. Along with Meshach, they were thrown in to the fiery furnace and were not burned. Daniel 3:26

9. Paul and Silas went on a missionary journey together. Acts 15:40

10.Ezra and Nehemiah were both prophets associated with the return of the Jews from Babylon to the land of Israel.




1 comment:

Jackie said...

Well I missed it again. I forgot and I was also very exhausted after fighting with my pc and my blog all week.

I am adding this blog to my new blog roll and hopefully I will remember to stop by here on Fridays!!

Hugs,
Jackie:-)